Name: Soteris Kyrizis
Date of Birth: 8/2/1953 Sex : Male
Profession: Electrical Engineer
Current Position: Partner
Languages: Greek & English
Date of Award
1965-1971 Technical School of Nicosia.
1971-1974 Higher Technical Institute of Cyprus, H.T.I Diploma in Electrical Engineering..
1976-1978 Westminister University London UK. Studied Electrical Engineering Science and obtained the B.Sc degree.
Memberships of Professional Institutions and Associations
- Member of the Institute of Electrical Engineers (UK).
- Chartered Engineer IEE (UK).
- Member of the Technical Chamber of Cyprus (ETEK reg. No.36298).
- Member of the Cyprus Professional Engineering Association.
- Cyprus Public Works Department - Ministry of Communications & Works Registered Engineer “Class A” unlimited authority in Design, maintenance construction of Electrical Installations.
- Cyprus Telecommunication Authority Registered Engineer, unlimited authority for design, maintenance & construction of telephone installations.
During my carreer I have been greatly involved in the design and supervision of electrical building services, fire detection and fire extinguishing installations for a vast number and all kind of buildings in Cyprus and Gulf Area: ie. Hotels, Technical Buildings, Factories, Office Complex Buildings, Army Camps, Laboratories, Commercial Buildings etc.
Jan.1979 - Jul.1980
Jupiter Electrical (Overseas).- Electrical Contractor. I worked as a site Electrical Engineer in Saudi Arabia, where I had been fully responsible for the preparation of working drawings and supervision of all electrical services in the Royal Reception Pavilion of the new Jeddah International Airport.
Aug.1980 - Aug.1983
I joined E. Wingfield-Bowles & Partners (Cyprus) as an Electrical Engineer.I had been responsible for the design and supervision of a wide variety of projects in Cyprus, Sultanate of Oman and Saudi Arabia.
I was promoted to the position of Senior Electrical Engineer in 1982.
Aug.1983 - Jun.1986
I was transferred to E. WINGFIELD-BOWLES AND PARTNERS (Cyprus)regional office in the Sultanate of Oman. I was responsible for the design and supervision, from initial concept, to completion, of multi services projects such as Palaces, Residential complexes, commercial premises, Banks, military establishments and infrastructure works.
July 1986 - July 1991
Joined "UNEMEC" Mechanical & Electrical Services Consulting Engineers as one of the five equal directors of the company. I was jointly responsible for the office administration and Electrical Services aspects of the Practice.
July 1991 - Oct. 1992
Technical Manager OEG, Consulting Environmental Engineers, in the Sultanate of Oman, where I was responsible for the Electrical Engineering Services Department and day to day administration of the Practice.
Oct. 1992 - Sept 1998
Rejoined "UNEMEC" as a Director of the Practice. I was jointly responsible for administration and Electrical Services of the Practice.
October 1998 - Present
One of the two partners of SKP Soteriou, Kyrizis Partners jointly responsible for the administration of the office and fully responsible for the Electrical Services of the Practice.
Names of selected projects is given below for reference. For all the projects below I was a Project Engineer for the design and supervision of all Electrical building services including, Instracture, Sewage Treatment plant, Sewage Schemes, Dairy Services, Close Circuit TV, Structured Cabling, Sound, TV system, Lighting control system, Rendering plants etc.
• New Headquarters for the Ministry of Defence in the Sultanate of Oman.
• Royal Reception Pavilion - Saudi Arabia
• Larnaca General Hospital – Cyprus
• International State Trade Fair, Nicosia.
• Bustan Palace Hotel, Sultanate of Oman. Project Design engineer for all electrical services,including HV distribution, standby generator station, Auditorium, Banquet Hall, Conference and meeting rooms.
• Extension to Cyprus Popular Bank Nicosia.
• Seeb to Sohar Street Lighting, (Approx. 150 Km) Sultanate of Oman.
• 15KM dual carriageway street lighting project, including HV. and LV. distribution systems.
• Tourism Projects, Sultanate of Oman.
• 4-motels/ rest houses in the Interior of the Country, for all electrical services design and supervision.
• Co-op Bank – Kaimakli - New building of Co-op Bank, Kaimakli, Nicosia, Cyprus.
• P.S.A – Akrotiri Primary School New Primary School of Akrotiri Military Base, Cyprus.
• P.S.A – Hilton Computer Centre, New computer Centre at Ayios Nicolaos Military Base,Cyprus.
• NAAFI Family Shop - Naafi Family Shop at Episkopi Military Base, Cyprus.
• Central Co-op Bank Nicosia - Central Co-op Bank upgrading, Nicosia, Cyprus.
• V.G. Pitsillos Hotel Ayia Napa – Cyprus
• Extension to Four Seasons Hotel Limassol.
• New Central Telephone Exchange CYTA - Limassol.
• Housing complex – Vrysoules
• Lito Polyclinic - Paralimni
• Dairy factory for Pittas Dairy Industries Latsia.
• Bank of Cyprus New Branch Limassol.
• Cyprus Popular Bank - Nicosia.
• Four Seasons Hotel extension.
• Electricity Plans for the New CCS at UNFICYP HQ - Nicosia Airport.
• Adams Beach Hotel Extension Phase 'A'.
• Military of Defence Projects.
• Athena Beach Hotel Paphos.
• Laura Beach Hotel Paphos.
• Askanis Central Offices Limassol.
• Adams Beach Hotel Extension Phase 'B'.
• Limassol District Law Court Additional Building.
• Akrotiri Hospital Ward No.8
• Ayia Phyla Roundabout - Lighting & Emergency Telephone System.
• New Government Offices Paphos.
• Main Auditorium for the New Government offices Paphos.
• Louis Kerkyra Golf Hotel (Kerkyra).
• Larnaca Possidon Beach Gardens.
• Beau Rivage Hotel.
• Hellenic Bank Information & Technology Building.
• Branches for Bank of Cyprus.
• Structured Cabling in Makarious Hospital.
• Security System for Larnaca International Airport.
• Crete (Greece) Tourist complex.
• Refurbishment of Philoxenia building Nicosia.
• E.A.C stores & offices in Limassol.
• E.A.C stores & offices in Paphos.
• Ellinas Building Nicosia.
• Conference room for Archangelos School in Nicosia.
• Branches for Cyprus Popular Bank.
• Renovation of Four Season Hotel.
• Matosian Tower (Alpha Bank Building).
• Rendering Plant – Kofinou.
• Hellenic Bank Information and Technology Building (Extension).
• Tiffany shopping Mall – Limassol.
• Commercial Center Larissa.
• KPMG offices – Nicosia (Building ‘E’).
• Nice Day Development – Acroyiali.
• Street lighting for Kouklia Roundabout.
• Technical School of Limassol.
• New Offices of Cyprus stock exchange.
• Secondary School of Lakatamia.
• IBU Offices B.O.C & KPMG Offices (Building ‘Z’).
• New offices of Cyprus Stock Exchange.
• Multifunction room of Technical School of Limassol.
• Aplanta Military Camp.
• Deloitte Central Office – Nicosia.
• Laiko Group of Companies – Central offices, Cold rooms and stores in Nicosia.
• Sorbonne University – Abu Dhabi including all Electrical Services, HV distribution, standby generators and security systems.
• Zayed University – Abu Dhabi including all Electrical Services, HV distribution, standby generators and security systems.
• Presidential Palace – Multifunction room