Name: Christakis Soteriou
Date of Birth: 19-11-1951
Sex : Male
Profession: Mechanical Engineer
Current Position: Partner
Languages: Greek and English
1958-1964 Elementary School
1964-1970 Pancyprian Gymnasium (Science Section)
1970-1973 Higher Technical Institute - Nicosia - Higher National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
1992-1995 Brunel University (UK) - Master of Science in Building Services Engineering and Energy Saving Systems.
Memberships of Professional Institutions and Association
AM CIBSE - Associate Member of the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (UK).
AM ASHRAE- Associate Member of the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Engineers (USA).
ETEK – No 069033
Hellenic Mines Corporation as a Technician Mechanical Engineer for the new cement factory at Vasiliko area.
Joined E. Wingfield -Bowles and Partners (Cyprus) Consulting Engineers. I received my initial basic training until Sept. 1978 in the design and supervision of the Building Services, worked as an assistant Mechanical Engineer.
Promoted to Mechanical Engineer and transferred to E. Wingfield-Bowles & Partners (Cyprus) regional office in the Sultanate of Oman. There I was fully responsible for the design and supervision of a wide variety of multiservices projects such as Royal Palaces, Banks, Offices, Military establishments; Hotels; Infrastructure etc.
Oct.1979- June 1986
Returned to E. Wingfield-Bowles & Partners (Cyprus) head offices as a Senior Mechanical Engineer fully responsible to run the Mechanical Department, dealing with a variety of projects in Cyprus and the Middle East, such as Hotels, Hospitals, Military camps, conference complexes, sports complexes, irrigation schemes, Sewage schemes, and multi-services infrastructure etc. I was directly responsible to the principal of the company, involved from the initial concept to the completion of the design, supervision, financial control, fee preparation etc.
July 1986- Sept.1998
I started, established and subsequently run the practice’s activities of UNEMEC ENGINEERS Ltd. Mechanical and Electrical Services Consulting Engineers, where I was one of the five partners and fully responsible for the Office co-ordination, Administration, Marketing, Programming of works, Monitoring, co-ordinating and greatly involved in the design and supervision on a vast number and kind of projects both locally and overseas. Detailed list of projects undertaken can be provided on request.
Oct. 1998- Present
One of the two partners of “SKP Soteriou Kyrizis Partners” We are two of the five partners of Unemec Engineers splitted from Unemec and started, established and run the practices activities.
During my career I have been heavily involved in the design and supervision of a vast number of projects, a selection of which are mentioned below.
Vasiliko Cement Factory, involved in the erection of the Machinery and services of the New Factory.
E. Wingfield-Bowles & Partners (Cyprus) Design, supervision testing and commissioning, of all Mechanical services for the Larnaca General Hospital, Limassol Law courts; Royal Stables, Block of Offices, Royal Guard Headquarters; Poseidonia Beach Hotel; S.O.A.F development (Ministry Defence); Cable factory Dubai; Yibal computer control centre; catering building at seeb airport; Navy camp; New Headquarters for the Ministry of Defence; Bustan Palace Hotel; Office Block in Al Khobar;
1986 - Sept. 1998
UNEMEC Engineers Ltd - Cyprus Co-ordinator.
Project Engineer and/or Mechanical Engineer for design and supervision for Le Meridien Hotel Limassol, Tsokkos Hotels, Laura Beach Hotel, Lito Polyclinic Paralimni, Silver Sands Hotel, Sayedeh Zeinab Hotels Complex (Syria), Esel building (Limassol), St. George Hotel, New building for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Large Residences, Margantina Hotel, Nelia Beach Hotel, Co-Op Bank Kaimakli, Central Telephone Exchange Centre - Limassol DKZ Factory, Alicante Office block, Archangelos commercial Centre, Tourist villages, Hotel Apartments, New Pittas Dairy, Eurolife HQ Offices, Four Seasons Hotel Extension, SEM computer Centre, Cyprus Popular Bank Ay. Dometios, Co-op Fertilizers Plant, Hellenic Bank Paphos, etc.
Oct. 1998- Present SOTERIOU, KYRIZIS Partners
Project Engineer and / or Mechanical Engineer and/ or Energy Consultant and/ or Value Engineering Consultant and/ or Commissioning Management Consultant for the design and supervision of Laura Beach Hotel – Extension, Adams beach Hotel, Askanis Central Offices and stores, Law Court – Limassol ,Hellenic Bank Information and Technology Building, Larnaca Possidon Beach Gardens, Beau Rivage Hotel, Capital Coast Hotel, Louis Kerkyra Golf Hotel, District Government Offices Paphos, My Mall Limassol, New Offices for Popular bank, KPMG Central Offices Nicosia, IBU Offices Nicosia, Deloitte Central Offices Nicosia, Laiko Group of Companies, Sorbonne University (Abu Dhabi),
Zayed University (Abu Dhabi) etc (see selected list of projects).
All mechanical building services such as Air Conditioning, Ventilation, Water Services, Fire Fighting Systems, Gas Supply, District cooling, Drainage, Design Review, Value Engineering and Energy Saving Systems including Infrastructure, Energy recovery systems, Building Management Systems, Sewage Treatment plant, Sewage schemes, Irrigation, Swimming pools, Cold rooms, Dairy services, R.O Plants, Foam systems, Vacuum systems, Ice water systems, Compressed Air, Steam Services, Rendering Plants etc.
From the experience point of view I would like to highlight the following projects which I have designed and supervised as a Project Engineer fully responsible in all aspects of the Building Services including the co-ordination between the Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Engineers involved.
• Auditorium, Banquet Hall, Conference and Meeting rooms, Kitchen, Laundry, Servant Quarters etc. of the Al-Bustan Palace Hotel, Oman (the largest Palace Hotel in the Middle East area and the sixth best Hotel in the world.) (USD 50 Million Mechanical and Electrical costs).
• Larnaca General Hospital for the Government of Cyprus.
• New Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the Government of the Republic of Cyprus.
• Le Meridien Hotel Complex in Limassol, Cyprus.
• Laura Beach Hotel complex in Paphos, Cyprus.
• Fertilisers Plant for the Central Co-op Bank, Cyprus.
• Central Computer Center for the Co-op Bank, Cyprus.
• Commercial Center for Galatariotis Group in Limassol, Cyprus.
• New Dairy Factory for Pittas Industries in Nicosia, Cyprus.
• Central Telephone Exchange Building in Limassol, Cyprus.
• Two Hotels and Shopping Center in Danascus, Syria (this project was not built).
• Lito Polyclinic in Paralimni, Cyprus.
• Azia Beach Hotel in Paphos, Cyprus.
• St. George Hotel in Paphos, Cyprus.
• Four Seasons Hotel in Limassol, Cyprus (Extension and Renovations 2004).
• Cyprus Popular Bank Ayios Dometios in Nicosia, Cyprus.
• Industrial Area Kaimakli in Nicosia, Cyprus.
• Capo Bay Hotel Extension in Paralimni, Cyprus.
• Silver Sands Hotel in Paralimni, Cyprus.
• Nelia Hotel in Ayia Napa, Cyprus.
• Margantina Hotel in Ayia Napa, Cyprus.
• Adams Beach Hotel.
• Limassol District Law Court.
• Kerkyra Golf Hotel.
• Corcyra Beach Hotel (Addition).
• Paphos Government Central offices.
• Main Auditorium for the New Paphos Government Central Offices.
• Sungarden Hotel Refurbishment.
• EAC Paphos Central stores & offices.
• EAC Limassol Central stores & offices.
• Kozos (CPB) New Offices.
• Rendering Plant Kofinou Larnaca.
• Tiffany Shopping Mall (My Mall - Limassol)
• Paphos Central Police Station.
• Technical School of Limassol
• Hellenic Bank information and Technology Building.
• Conference room for Archangelos School in Nicosia
• Secondary School Apostolos Markos Archangelos
• New Offices of Cyprus Stock Exchange
• Multifunction room of Technical School of Limassol
• Aplanta Military Camp.
• KPMG – Central Offices Nicosia
• IBU Offices in Nicosia
• Deloitte Central Offices in Nicosia
• Laiko Group of Companies – Central Offices, Cold rooms and Stores in Nicosia
• Sorbonne University – Abu Dhabi
• Zayed University – Abu Dhabi
Please refer also to the selected list of projects included in the company brochure.