CONSULTING ENGINEERING SERVICES
FOR MECHANICAL AND ELECTRICAL WORKS
We would like to take this opportunity of introducing ourselves to you.
We are Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Services Consulting Engineers. Our company was formed around two highly Experienced Engineers (Partners) in their respective disciplines of building services:
C. SOTERIOU Mechanical and Plumbing Engineer (Partner)
MSc (UK), AM. ASHRAE, AM.CIBSE
Experience: 36 years
S. KYRIZIS Electrical Engineer (Partner)
BSc (UK), MI EE, CEng
Experience: 34 years
SKP has a team of qualified Engineers, CAD Operators and other technical staff with many years of experience, having completed various landmark projects in both the public and private sectors.
- - The practice as an established firm of Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Services Engineering Consultants is completely independent and wholly owned by its two partners who have no connections financial or otherwise, with any Government, Industrial or Commercial organizations. This is an ideal position as the company can offer reliable, impartial and comprehensive advise to its clients.
- - Our central offices are in Nicosia Cyprus and handles projects in Cyprus, Greece, Gulf areas and Europe.
- - The vast experience gained by the Senior Engineers has enabled them to form coordinated project teams and work as integral members of multi-disciplined organizations made up of large internationally recognized companies.
- - Our Engineers are members of the Technical Chamber of Cyprus and the Cyprus Professional Engineers Association. The Electrical Engineers are professionally registered with the Electromechanical Department of the Government of Cyprus, the Cyprus Telecommunication Authority and are fully licensed (class 'A') to effect design, supervision and maintenance projects.
- - Our Company carries a Professional Indemnity Insurance which covers all of it’s work both in Cyprus and Overseas. Our Insurance Brokers can provide any details required.
- - Both partners have worked and are still working in Cyprus and Gulf area as MEP Consulting Engineers including Value Engineering, Commissioning Management and are responsible for design and supervision of a variety of projects such as:
Hospitals, Clinics, International Conference Centers, Universities, Law Court buildings, Multi storey
offices, Administration buildings, Banks, Hotels, Hypermarkets, Malls, Royal Palaces, Army Camps, Sports Complexes, Laboratories, Irrigation Systems, Sewage schemes, Sewage pumping stations, Sewage treatment plants, Educational buildings, Cultural and Auditorium Centers, Motorway Lighting, Low Voltage and High Voltage distribution lines etc.
- - We want to highlight the fact that the two partners have executed the design for the ‘Al Bustan Palace Hotel’ Sultanate of Oman which is the sixth best hotel in the world and is the venue of the Arabian Gulf Co-operation Council Summit Meetings when hosted by the Sultanate of Oman (every six years). The total cost of MEP works in 1985 was USD 60 Million.
- - Also we want to highlight the fact that our company has carried out the Design Review (35% of Design), completion of the design (65%) and Value Engineering for the Sorbonne University and the Zayed University in Abu Dhabi. The total cost of MEP works for both is approximate USD 200 Million.
Also the same services have been carried out for the Qatar Merweb tower (46 floors 5 star Hotel), the ADNEC Central Offices (25 Floors) and the Pier 8 Residential Tower (39 Floors).
- - The two Partners have over thirty four years experience as Consulting Engineers, (the last twenty four as Directors and shareholders) and are fully responsible for design, Value Engineering, supervision, marketing and management of the practice. Both are extensively involved in all aspects of multi-disciplined Electromechanical services. Their professional status is indicated by the respective memberships of UK and American recognized Engineering Institutions. The Electromechanical Department of the Cyprus Government has registered our company as Grade 'A' MEP Consulting Engineers.
- - During the development of the design works we give particular attention to the rising needs of efficient usage of energy and it’s subsequent reclaim, Computerized Building Management Systems and application of current technology are utilized, providing cost effective and energy efficient buildings.
- - A selected list of projects undertaken by ourselves, from the initial stage until final completion and successful handing over is included herewith.
- - The last five years our company expanded to the area of Design Review, Value Engineering and Commissioning Management of the Electromechanical Services.
In this case we are undertaking, on behalf of the Contactor, to Review the existing designs and execute a Value Engineering in order to reduce the cost without affecting the quality and the outputs of the systems.
Regarding the Commissioning Management we are undertaking again on behalf of the Contractor to provide schedules and details required for the testing and commissioning of the systems and also we are checking and manage the whole procedures.
- - With all the above in mind and with the vast experience of our Senior Engineers in the Consulting Engineering Building Services we are confident in our ability to provide the highest level of services necessary for your projects.